Kristi Reed, AuD, CCC-A.
Kristi Reed, AuD is originally from Seattle and now practices in the Denver, CO area. Kristi has over 30 years of experience working with ENT physicians and fitting hearing aids, and through this experience has learned that each patient has a unique story to tell. She loves working with people to understand their unique situations and help them find a solution to their hearing loss that makes sense for them. Kristi believes that when medical professionals work well together as a team, they are able to give their patients the best possible result. She loves working as an audiologist at Advanced ENT & Allergy Center because the teamwork is unparalleled and every staff member is kind, caring, and puts the patient’s needs first.
Having worked with thousands of patients, Kristi thinks of hearing loss as an invisible disability that causes great misunderstanding and isolation. She knows that helping people hear better gives them a tangible way to stay connected to the world around them. A patient in his 40’s who was missing out on dinner conversations once said to her, “You made it possible for me to connect with my teenagers again!”
Kristi Reed earned her undergraduate and master’s degrees from the University of Washington, Seattle before moving on to complete her doctorate at the University of Florida. She received a Certificate of Clinical Competence in audiology from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA CCC – A), and maintains her ASHA certification by attending courses each year to stay current in the latest hearing aid technology. Since moving to Denver, she has become an active member at St. Andrew United Methodist Church, where she sings in the church choir when she isn’t hiking, riding her bike, or watch beautiful sunsets over the Rocky Mountains.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Sciences, University of Washington
- Master’s Degree in Audiology, University of Washington
- Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA CCC-A)
- Member of the American Academy of Audiology
Melissa MacKinnon, DNP, FNP-BC
Family Nurse Practitioner
Melissa was born and raised in Boulder, Colorado. She attended the University of Colorado where she studied Kinesiology and Biology. She went on to obtain her Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master’s degree, and Doctorate degree from the Anschutz Medical Campus at the University of Colorado. Melissa worked in family practice for five years before joining the Advanced ENT & Allergy Center team. During her time in family practice she treated a wide variety of primary care concerns, but particularly enjoyed treating ear, nose and throat issues.
Melissa feels that ENT and allergy conditions are commonly under-recognized, under-treated, and have an enormous impact on someone’s quality of life. She enjoys working at Advanced ENT & Allergy Center because of its extraordinary culture, community outreach, and genuine commitment to improving a patient’s quality of life. She loves forming long-standing relationships with her patients and helping them live their best lives.
When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her son, husband, extended family and labrador. She loves being outdoors, hiking, exercising, listening to music, painting, traveling, dining out, watching movies, and most of all, laughing.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Anschutz Medical Campus
- Master of Science, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Anschutz Medical Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Summa Cum Laude honors, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology and Applied Physiology; Minor in Biology – graduated with distinction and honors, including highest GPA in graduating class (GPA 3.9)
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Registered Nurse, State of Colorado
Sarah Weirda, FNP-C
Sarah Weirda is a Nurse Practitioner for Advanced ENT & Allergy Center and is also native of Colorado. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, and later went on to complete her Master of Science in Nursing at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs Beth-el College of Nursing. She is a specialty trained Nurse Practitioner with an emphasis on nasal, sinus and allergy care. She also worked as an allergy nurse for multiple years while completing her nurse practitioner training.
Sarah loves working at Advanced ENT & Allergy Center because the entire staff’s priority is always putting patients first. One of her favorite aspects of her job is being a part of the One-Day-A-Month philanthropy project, and she also loves how the team is one big family.
Giving back to the community is also important to Sarah, and she does this by participating in Feed my Starving Children, Thanksgiving Outreach to the Homeless, Christmas Outreach to the Homeless and volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House. When she isn’t working or giving back, she enjoys spending time in the mountains, Gunnison being a particular favorite, with her husband. Like all Colorado natives, she has a passion for watching football (Go Broncos!) and basketball (Go Nuggets!) games.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Master of Science in Nursing with Magna Cum Laude Honors, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners