Allergy Testing in Denver, Colorado
At Advanced ENT & Allergy Center, our allergy testing can be done in two ways; an in-office skin test that takes about an hour, or an at-home test which can be mailed to a lab for results. The test reveals the specific things you are allergic to and the severity of each allergy. After your test, you will meet with one of our allergy treatment experts, either virtually or in person, to discuss your results and your options.
We treat allergies specific to the Denver Colorado and the surrounding area, including our neighboring states. Our allergy testing panel includes the most common environmental allergens in the region.
We test for allergies to:
Note: Our in-office allergy test is typically a skin test. However, blood testing is available for at-home testing and is an option for children that cannot tolerate a skin test.
What to Expect During Your In-Office Allergy Test
- Schedule an appointment
- Three days (or 72 hours) before your testing appointment stop taking your allergy medications. This will give us the most accurate possible test
- Come into our office for your allergy skin test. Your testing appointment will take about an hour and we will have the results of the test immediately
- Once your test is complete, you’ll meet with one of our allergy treatment experts to discuss your results and possible treatment options
What to Expect from Your At-Home Allergy Test
- Book a consultation to determine if an at-home allergy test is right for you
- We mail you a test kit with easy 4-step instructions
- You perform the test yourself and send the results back in a pre-paid envelope
- You have a follow-up appointment with one of our trained specialty providers to go over your results
- We design a treatment plan tailored for your unique needs
Dedicated to Helping You Find Relief from Your Allergy Symptoms
Our doctors have been helping patients in Colorado manage and treat their allergies for over a decade. They are committed to understanding the scope of your allergies so that they can provide treatments that will make your life better. Our doctors are ENT doctors and fellows in the Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, qualifying them to address all of the possible causes of your congestion and discomfort.
We’re dedicated to helping you find solutions to your allergy problems and keeping our community safe at the same time. We are now offering online and virtual initial consultations, as well as at-home testing, so you can find real relief from your allergies without ever having to set foot inside an office.
– What Our Patients Say –
Allergy Testing FAQs
Typically there are 3 options for treating seasonal allergies including avoidance, medications and Immunotherapy. Our specialty-trained providers will work with you to find the treatment option that best fits your lifestyle and brings lasting relief from your allergies.
We’ve partnered with a state of the art blood testing allergy lab to offer convenient at-home allergy testing. Although skin allergy testing, performed in-office, allows us to determine allergies during the same appointment, at-home allergy blood testing is a convenient option for patients who don’t want to come into the office. During your initial appointment, you and your doctor can determine if an in-office or at-home testing approach is right for you.
Allergy drops, which include putting 3 drops under your tongue daily, are a safe and convenient alternative to allergy shots and have been proven to be as effective in treating allergies as shots by independent studies from the World Health Organization and National Jewish.
Yes. We treat allergies for animals including cats, dogs, and horses.