Family Nurse Practitioner
Melissa was born and raised in Boulder, Colorado. She attended the University of Colorado where she studied Kinesiology and Biology. She went on to obtain her Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master’s degree, and Doctorate degree from the Anschutz Medical Campus at the University of Colorado. Melissa worked in family practice for five years before joining the Advanced ENT & Allergy Center team. During her time in family practice she treated a wide variety of primary care concerns, but particularly enjoyed treating ear, nose and throat issues.
Melissa feels that ENT and allergy conditions are commonly under-recognized, under-treated, and have an enormous impact on someone’s quality of life. She enjoys working at Advanced ENT & Allergy Center because of its extraordinary culture, community outreach, and genuine commitment to improving a patient’s quality of life. She loves forming long-standing relationships with her patients and helping them live their best lives.
When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her son, husband, extended family and labrador. She loves being outdoors, hiking, exercising, listening to music, painting, traveling, dining out, watching movies, and most of all, laughing.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Anschutz Medical Campus
- Master of Science, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Anschutz Medical Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Summa Cum Laude honors, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology and Applied Physiology; Minor in Biology – graduated with distinction and honors, including highest GPA in graduating class (GPA 3.9)
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Registered Nurse, State of Colorado